The biggest suffering during COVID19 was when most hospitals were overbooked due to coronavirus and people had no chance to get a bed in hospitals. After this panic situation and huge economic loss, the government decided to open everything with certain guidelines that have to be followed by everyone. These guidelines included –
- Social distancing
- Sanitizing or hands washing
- Above all, wearing a mask before going out
Mask and sanitizers became an important part of daily life. Many companies came out with different types of masks some were fancy while some were of good quality. Above all, there are two masks that the healthcare department approves during this situation –
Custom Earth Promos is an eco-friendly company that specializes in making reusable bags of all kinds. These days due to the pandemic situation, they’re also focusing on making N95 and KN95 masks as well as a reusable face mask, gloves, protective kits, sanitizers, etc. The company was founded in 2009 and since then their primary goal is to replace plastic with reusable bags. All their products like reusable bottles, lanyards, seed papers, etc. are made with 100% recycled ad organic material.
Coronavirus is airborne now and it spreads through from mouth saliva, spit or sweat. It enters the nostrils and mouth and hits your throat. Therefore, covering the mouth and nose is the main way of controlling the spread of this virus. Anyways, covering the face is a good method even you have flu, cold, cough, or any other contagious illness. It helps in controlling the spread of any type of contagious problems.
What is N95 Mask?
N95 respiratory mask is approved by the US. It is said to be a tight-fitting mask that filters at least 95% of the particles that are harmful to health. It is good for healthcare workers who come in contact with different types of patients daily. It covers the nose and mouth and you can overheat quickly due to the material.
What is KN95 Mask?
They too are respiratory masks that are regulated by the China Government. They meet the same designs like that of N95 masks. They also filter out at least 95% of particles. It seals the area around the nose and face which protects it forms any kind of virus, water droplets, and airborne particles.
Difference Between N95 and KN95 Masks
- KN95s are regulated by the Chinese Government whereas, N95s are regulated by the US Health Department.
- KN95s have ear lops to hold the mask on the face while N95s have two head straps that hold it tightly to the face. They both cover the face and nose.
- N95s are quite in demand among healthcare professionals which makes it difficult to get in the market. However, KN95s are easily available and affordable like N95s.
- Real N95s will have NIOSH written in block letter on the make. They also contain testing and certification number.
- The Chinese Government orders the manufacturer of KN95s to run a fit test with at least 8% leakage. However, the N95 mask manufacturer doesn’t need to run any fit test, but the mask should have NIOSH mentioned which means it is approved by the US Health Department.
No matter what type of mask you wear. It requires maintenance. Don’t touch the outer part of the mask and then your face or nose. This may lead to the spread of the virus. Both masks are reusable, but not more than a month, and you cannot use it if it gets dirty, or exposed to the infectious area.